Canada: Government offers relief to flood-affected taxpayers

Posted on Updated on

In response to problems caused by the recent flooding across the country, particularly in Quebec and Ontario provinces, the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) is making available relief for individuals, businesses, and first responders that are unable to file or pay taxes on time. Taxpayers can make a request for taxpayer relief through online, by using Form RC4288, Request for Taxpayer Relief, or by phoning the CRA. The requests are being considered on a case-by-case basis. Where physical access to the relevant office is not possible taxpayers can make use of the CRA’s online services.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s